Think about it for a minute. If government is so bad, if government is so inept, if government is incompetent, why do we allow the government to:
- provide the army
- provide the navy
- provide air force
- be in charge of defending our country
- be in charge of foreign policy
- provide police protection
- provide fire protection
- make laws
- provide a judicial system
- provide an interstate highway system
- provide health care for our elderly
- provide health care for our veterans
- fund the majority of medical research
- provide a system of colleges and universities
- provide national parks
- run a program that put a man on the moon
So why shouldn't government expand their already extensive health care system to cover all of us? The private system has already tired and failed. Let me repeat that. THE PRIVATE HEALTH CARE SYSTEM HAS FAILED. Everybody, Democrats and republicans, agree that health care reform is needed. The government programs are successful and preferred by their users over private programs.
Isn't it time to go with a winner instead of giving the losers another chance?
I'm just sayin'...